2006/03/14

My Beloved Oxen

Jason is having the boys read through Proverbs right now, and this morning he highlighted the following for he and I to remember.
Proverbs 14:4 Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox.
Here's my paraphrase (to be remembered when I find myself craving order and ease):
Where there are no little children, there are no legos to step on, toilets to wipe down daily, forts to navigate around, food, food, and more food to clean up after; but these children are the means of fruit being born in my life, and more importantly they will one day be the strength that brings in a harvest for the glory of God.
I love my oxen!

3 comments:

FishMama said...

Beautifully worded. Thanks for the encouragement regarding my own herd.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of something I read in "Real Simple" magazine: "I remember that I waited a long, long time to have a husband, kids who make messes, and a house to clean. Completing each task is my way of taking care of the people I love."

So not EXACTLY what you're talking about, but I'm thinking about putting that one on my fridge when I'm craving comfort and ease. I was happy to find that quote in a secular magazine!

Zoanna said...

Cute post. What's really bad is when they have mad ox disease.

It hits sometime after the Legos are cleaned up and lasts until they go off to college.

But yes, they are beloved. Moo to you.