2006/06/08

Talk About Scheduling

I am so excited about this little series Girl Talk is doing on scheduling/routine. I don't know how I would have made it through the baby/toddler years without a rather detailed schedule. Interestingly, as the kids have grown older and are able to entertain themselves better, I have used scheduling outside of meals, school, and my beloved blanket time (which is erratic of late)rather less. After reading Nicole's post today, I am thinking about devising a "big kid" schedule. This is our first week off from schooling, and I already have that miserable aimless feeling - I think my kids do as well. For their sake, and my own I think a summer routine is in order! Thanks again to the ladies at Girl Talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this series, as I'm "scheduling oriented" I hope I can put what I learn into future us! :) Also, I highly recommend the book they quoted from, "The Shaping of a Christian Family." I've read it twice already and found it very inspiring in regards to childrearing, but also my marriage.

Beth Young said...

Where's Briana's comment? She eats this stuff up! Thanks for the post. I need more of a schedule in our lives.