2006/05/23

Primo Piper

If you haven't read his book, When I Don't Desire God: How To Fight For Joy, you might consider listening to a series John Piper taught on the the same subject back in April. For whatever reason I can't get the archives to pull part one, but this link is for part two. You can find the parts at Desiring God Ministries Radio in the archives section. I highly recommend this book. It is one of my all time favorite Piper books (very readable!). But, if you have small children at home, don't prefer reading, or just don't have the time to read...consider listening to these teachings online instead.

3 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Got my chocolates, tea and Bible and am listening!
Thanks for the link.
I really want this book...gotta get it.

Kristin said...

I really loved that book as well and refer to it often. It did create some awkward moments though when I would be so excited about something and would try to convey it to somebody by saying..."I was so encouraged by "When I Don't Desire God..." I learned to quote the book by its full title, not just the first part!

Laurie said...

Kristin, I know what you mean. I almost didn't read it because I thought (arrogantly I'm sure), "I desire God..." But it is so excellent, I'm glad I got passed the title.