2006/04/04

Psalm 27:4

Psalm 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple." One supreme desire occupies the believing heart. He longs for close communion with the Lord. He diligently uses all appointed means. He seeks the ordinances which God's presence sanctifies. Such is the constant habit of his soul. It is no passing impulse. He pursues this hallowed communion all the days of his life. His eyes would see the beauty of the Lord, the lovely charm of His transcendent grace, displayed in redemption's wondrous work. His soul thirsts after fuller knowledge. His ardent cry is, "Show me Your glory." -Henry Law

6 comments:

Abby Cannon said...

WOW! It truly is amazing that the Lord does show us His glory (a tiny tiny bit of it is all I can handle at a time) when we ask Him to. Laurie, your teaching on this verse was truly life changing and eye opening. Thank you for taking time, effort, and emotionally giving yourself to serve the women of our church. It never ceases to amaze me how God uses you each ladies meeting and retreat to bring His truth to life in a memorable, powerful way. Thank you for serving us so well!

I am grateful and blessed that I get to learn from you and have biblical fellowship with you very frequently and have learned so much from what God has shown you.

Thank you for following hard after your Savior. :)

Briana Almengor said...

"ditto" :)

And, thank you, Abby, for your testimony that was only able to be given upon your faithfulness to respond to God's gracious work in your life! How encouraging it was to hear from you last Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

"Ditto" to both Abby and Briana. Laurie, I gain so much from your teachings both formally (i.e. "Ladies Meetings") and through this blog. Thanks for both! I'm fully convinced that you should submit a query/manuscript named "Ordinary Mother" to a publisher based on the posts from this blog! :)

Nicole Seitler said...

Gee. I'm not going to sound very original now when I say what a blessing the woman's meeting was to me. ;)

I was so excited to come home and tell my husband all about it...and to ask him to help me bring to life all the good ideas that I had in my head thereafter. :)

FishMama said...

So where's the audio link for your Kansas friend?

Love you, my friend, even though I've never "met" you. What a wonderful example you are of Biblical womanhood!

Laurie said...

I'm just beside myself. I'll be visiting these comments way more than I should be :). Thank you for your kind encouragement, friends.

Abby, I want to post your testimony on my blog. Is that okay? I really think it was so powerful and I hear many women following your example and believing God for much grace to pursue Him through His Word in the wee hours.