2006/04/18

Beautiful Everyday Life

I had a wonderful vacation. I will be sure to post a few memories and pictures - some planned, others totally unexpected making them all the more memorable. Even though we came home Friday, we spent Saturday and Sunday with family both catching up (my Mom was gone before me, and it had been almost two weeks since I had seen her)and celebrating Resurrection Day. Monday was spent out of the house running errands, so normal life was delayed....until today. I went to bed last night with dirty dishes in my sink, every room with at least three things out of order - some rooms with only three things left in order. To be honest, I was a bit overwhelmed. In addition to the housework, I had homeschooling hanging over my head. We took the first two weeks of the quarter off (one for standardized testing; one for vacation), so even though I planned for it, I feel the lag in momentum. God is so patient and gracious. I went to bed in unconfessed even undetected unbelief. God could have ended my life while I slept because of my sinful pride, but instead He woke me in the morning and encouraged me with the words of David and Solomon. From Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him. From Ecc. 5:18 Behold what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. God gave me strength and help to not just get back into normal life today, but to truly find enjoyment in the "toil" God has given me. I am overwhelmed by His mercy toward me. Vacation is great. It is a blessing provided by God. But I have to say, I love my beautiful everyday life even more! So glad to be back.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Welcome Home! Glad you had a good time!

Briana Almengor said...

I'm glad you're back, too!

Anonymous said...

Vacations are lovely but I agree, I love beautiful everyday life even more. Praying for strength that you'd be able to tackle what the Lord has for you to accomplish in His strength today! I like how you call Easter "Resurrection Day." My mom always did that on purpose that we'd realize the meaning of the day.

Zoanna said...

Guess Blogger dumped my other comment. Oh well, just saying I'm glad you're back and "ramp up" and ease back into the homeschool week. It's like coming back into earth's atmosphere after being in outer space. The re-entry brings plenty of debris and fatigue. We used to attend a church where the pastor refused to call Easter Sunday "Easter Sunday." He always said "Resurrection Sunday" and that left an indelible impression on me. I love the attention to be on Jesus' resurrection.WElcome home, Laurie. Missed your posts.