2005/10/19

Wise Words About God's Will

When I was single, this simple quote comforted me when I didn’t understand what God was doing with my life, especially with regards to a disappointment concerning who I thought I was supposed to marry.

God’s will is exactly what my will would be if I knew all of the circumstances.” – Bill Gothard

How sweet it is to look in retrospect and heartily say that God’s will with regard to whom I would marry (the boy next door!) was indeed not just what my will would be, but so much better than I would have dared hope for.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the quote directed towards us single girls. My desire for marriage has intensified over the past few years, and I so often need to be reminded that God knows what He is doing, and that He is worthy of our trust. This is especially hard to remember when all of my single friends are getting hitched!