2005/09/14

Wise Word Wednesday

“Great thoughts go best with common duties. Whatever therefore may be your office regard it as a fragrant in an immeasurable ministry of love.”
–Bishop Brooke Foss Westcott (as quoted in Keep a Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot, pg. 84)

I love how this applies to housework. I have found that in the potentially mindless duties of folding clothes, scrubbing floors, vacuuming, etc., I can call to mind whatever I was reading in the morning in my devotions. It might not be the deepest meditations, but indeed it is possible for great thoughts to go with common duties.

1 comment:

Maggie Ann said...

Your post sets a good example, its always timely to live looking up in faith and reviewing what good things the Lord has done and promises to do for us. Then at the end of the race, he rewards us for what he enabled us to do.