2005/06/22

Really Yummy Dessert

Continuing with my annoying "Hints from Heloise" mode, I thought I'd pass on my new favorite, can't go wrong summer dessert. I don't know what it's called. If you come up with a name, please post it. 1 small cool whip thawed 2 cups softened vanilla ice-cream 1 packet of peach jello powder* 4 cups of pound cake cut in cubes Mix together cool whip, ice-cream, and peach jello. Stir in pound cake cubes pour into casserole dish (or whatever) freeze (at least three hours) Serve with peach slice on top (or nothing on top, like I did on Father's Day... still yummy!) *I might try strawberry or raspberry jello next time.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oooo that sounds yummy! Love anything peach! Will have to try.

Zoanna said...

Call it Yummy Peach Delight. It's a joke around here. Anything I've "invented" (i.e. thrown together from the hodpodge of things in pantry and fridge the day before payday) I call it a Something-or-Other Delight. I have made Chicken Potato Delight, Scrambled Egg Delight, TexMex Delight, you get the idea. Each time I announce the name of my "delights," I get a certain skeptical "look" from Paul, which, as you can imagine, has a trickle-down effect on his offspring.
At any rate, this recipe sounds like a keeper.

PS I actually own 2 Heloise books. She's a heroine, give her a break!

Laurie said...

I am a Heloise fan as well. I think the annoying part is me trying to be like her :). Who am I kidding?

Yummy Peach Delight is a keeper.