2005/08/29

Mom's Response to Previous Post

I just received this e-mail from my Mom in response to my previous post (A Very Fine House).  I think it illustrates how she made our house a very, very, very fine house. (You may understand this better if you read the other post first).

Hi Laurie,
I  just finished reading your blog.  I am so humbled and so blessed.  You just brought back a flood of memories. I’m remembering my own chubby cheeked children .  You had your second birthday at that house.  You had your glasses party when you got your first pair of glasses at that house.  You accidentally hit the little girl next door over the head with a coffee can*. (I secretly wished you had gotten the toy anyway).  You were Tweety Bird there…We watched your favorite shows snuggled in the chair together.( what was that weird show,  blue something??) We had puppies at that house. We had your brother at that house.  Both of your Grandmothers came to visit us at that house. Grandma Cannon came on your birthday.  Grandma Dolly had her 60th birthday at that house.  You and Karyn helped me bake her cake. (gosh I’m almost 60 eek!)  Christmas with our big fat trees that we cut down.  They looked so pretty in the downstairs that your Dad finished all by himself.  He had never done anything like that before and I was so proud of him.  We hung the red curtains just before his Mother’s visit.  You went off to school for the first time there.  I cried because I missed you. Thanksgiving when I made you all dress up. (what was I thinking)
I could go on and someday when I write my memoirs I will.  The most important thing I want you to understand is you were an important part of that very very very fine house.  I hardly remember the inside of the house but I vividly remember my precious family and those precious memories. But I want you to know the memories just keep going.  All the way up to now when I look into the faces of my chubby and not so chubby cheeked Grandchildren.  I am a blessed women and I am looking forward to many precious moments ahead.
I also want you to know you already have a very, very, very, fine house.  You are filling it with precious memories and precious moments with your precious family.  I am so proud of the woman you have become and are becoming.
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean more than you can imagine.  All I can say is that God has been good to us!
 
I love you forever and always,
Mom
 
 
I thought this was way too long to put as a comment on your blog.  
*not exactly an accident – but she did hit me first, for the record.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!

jeNnA said...

awww... I love your mom's sentiments here. Thanks for sharing!