2005/03/31

My new favorite snack food

You know how salty and sweet combined seems to make the best snack? Well my friend Briana made these pretzel snacks that were so good, I had to get the recipe, and now I make them all the time. You take mini pretzels and spread them out on a cookie sheet, put a chocolate candy melt (the kind Wilton makes...I like white the best) in the middle. Pop them in an oven set on its lowest heat setting. Wait a few minutes until the candy melt is soft, but not liquid. Then take out the cookie sheet and press an M&M in the center of each candy melt. Let it get hard again before you remove them from the cookie sheet. My kids made these for Valentine's gifts for my family. We used pink, red, and white M&M's. For spring we are making them with the pastel colors. My friend Mitzy suggested using the slightly larger square (tic-tac-toe) style pretzel and melting a Rolo on top. That sounds good, but I have yet to try it. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Paula said...

This sounds really good. We'll have to try it!